As part of your job interview preparation takes some time to think about what you may be asked and, more importantly, how you will respond.
Here are 5 common themes that may come up in your next job interview:
- Provide an overview of your career:
- Describe the highlights and achievements of your career. Talk about similar roles or tasks to the role you are being interviewed for. Think about what you have done that is relevant to the role. This is your chance to sell yourself.
- Technical skills:
- Be able to describe your technical abilities relevant to the role. This may include talking through a process from start to finish.
- Software packages:
- Know the names of the actual software packages that you are competent in using, how you used them and when.
- Your career goals:
- Describe where this job fits in your overall career plan and the reason you applied.
- Why would you be appointed to this role:
- Talk about the fit with your current experience, your passion for the industry sector, the company values aligning with your own values, career progression and challenge.
This article is one of a series on job interview techniques.